Torrent.Files

Mar 12, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Access to the Torrent.Files collection would be pretty useful in an app I am playing with.

Also, I think this is a limitation in the API, but it would be handy for the Torrent.AddByUrl to return a pointer to the Torrent it had added. Any thoughts on how I might handle that ? Exposing the TorrentAdded event might do it I suppose.

Thanks anyway, good work.

James

Coordinator
Mar 25, 2012 at 6:24 AM

Good suggestions.  I created a work item to add the files collection.

Returning a torrent object from Torrents.AddByUrl would be a horrible pain since uTorrent doesn't return any info on the added torrent--no hash, or anything.  I'd need to iterate through all of the torrents and find the one with the supplied URL, at which point API user should probably just handle it himself when needed instead of incurring the penalty on every call.  I'm open to suggestions on better ways to do it if you have any.

I could expose a TorrentAdded event, but it would not fire until the next time the collection got refreshed.  What kind of timing requirements do you have?

Mar 25, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Thanks for adding the files collection  to work items, your idea of iterating through would work fine and I will do that.

Coordinator
Apr 2, 2012 at 7:31 PM

The files collection has been added in 1.0.0.2.  Give it a try and let me know what you think.

Dec 28, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Sorry to not get back sooner but I thought I'd finally use the holiday season to catch up on personal projects. This has worked great thanks.

As the torrent doesn't contain a url property I have to do a bit of work - its a shame the implementation doesnt allow for this sort of thing.