New Field Request?

Jun 6, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Hi there,

I was wondering if it was too much to ask for a new field to be added?

In particular, I was interested in the Tracker field.

I had a look at the message content that was being passed back from uTorrent Client and I couldn't see it in the messages, so I'm wondering if this is difficult / impossible?

Please note that I'm using uTorrent 2.2.1 for testing.

Regards,

Francis

Jun 7, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Could we also add a Directory field on the Torrent Class please?

In case you're wondering, I'm trying to write a program that will organise my torrents into a easily navigable directory structure.

(Yes, I could've done it in PERL, Powershell or other scripting languages. But where's the fun in that? )

The Directory field would allow me to move the files from a Directory level rather that going through the Files collection and individually copying each file.

Thanks again.

Coordinator
Jun 7, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Yeah, no problem.  I really don't mind adding functionality at all.  I'll have to see if I can get the tracker information from anywhere tonight--it may not be possible.  As for directory, which one are you looking for?  I am guessing the local file path you chose when downloading the torrent.

Coordinator
Jun 8, 2012 at 5:17 AM

Both features have been added to 1.0.0.3.  Give it a try and let me know if that was what you were looking for.

Jun 8, 2012 at 4:24 PM
Edited Jun 8, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Looks like the latest version has broken something inadvertently

I no longer get any records back from the TorrentCollection (uTorrentClient.Torrents).

I verified it against the 1.0.0.2 version of uTorrentAPI just to reaffirm the TorrentCollection is functional for this verion..

Jun 8, 2012 at 4:26 PM

I verified it against the 1.0.0.2 version of uTorrentAPI just to reaffirm the TorrentCollection is functional for this verion..

Coordinator
Jun 9, 2012 at 4:32 AM

Grr.  What's the exception you are getting?  Index out of range?  I am guessing that your version of uTorrent does not support the SaveAs location field that I just added for you.  I need to add some better handling for missing elements in json for older versions of uTorrent.

Jun 11, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Yes most of the errors were ""Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.\r\nParameter name: index".

I don't know if the SaveAs property works, as it didn't get that far.

Coordinator
Jun 12, 2012 at 5:23 AM

Yep.  That's the saveas path feature you requested :-(.  I will add some better handling of missing fields for older versions of uTorrent, but this also means that you won't be able to use this new field until you update your utorrent client.

Jun 12, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Upgrading to the latest uTorrent Client would be almost a deal breaker for me unfortunately.

There are multiple reasons why I'm still on 2.2.1.

Stability is a major reason and I've had issues running v3+ clients on a 64bit server.

The uTorrent forums have these issues well documented (Magnet links not working, disk issues etc)

Coordinator
Jun 13, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Yep, I hear you on v3 on 64 bit.  I've had many issues with disk and a couple with magnet links (though these are now working again for me).  I'll get it to where the torrent collection can be loaded on v2, but it will likely be a bit.  Adding the flexible parsing that is needed will be a bit of a large change.

Jun 13, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Ok thanks. I appreciate your efforts so far mikdav.

I had a look at the uTorrent v3.2 RC Forums hoping that it would fix the major issues I had on 64bit.

It's unclear whether they fixed all of the disk issues but it looks like they've fixed a few bugs relating to Magnet Links.

The worrying thing was they seem to have introduced just as many new bugs as they've fixed, and nothing I've seen so far has convinced me to take a chance on v3.2

Also worrying is that it looks like they're trying to overhaul their disk  I/O Code and I'm guessing it'll be a few versions before that overhaul is stable and bug free.